Tuesday 8 April 2008

Another superb concert




Manchester Camerata in Ulverston - Thursday April 3rd 2008

They've done it again!

They've come up with a superb program with inspiring performances conducted and presented by Nicholas Kraemer.

This time very high marks to everyone, we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Even the first violins hiding behind the curtain. This time everyone gave it their all (previous times I've spotted just one or two showing rather bored expressions).

The interweaving of the various parts of the program made me pay full attention (partly because i didn't know what was going on) It felt good to be kept on one's toes.

Jennifer Pike was outstanding and for the first time in my life I have really listened to the Four Seasons. I noticed so much that has just past me by in the past. Thank you.

This was largely because it was a live performance and the musicians and conductor performed with passion.

I have every sympathy with them as they travel home after that. Thank you for traveling all the way to entertain us.

So what's next?

Meanwhile I've started making chords on my piano and practicing my fingerwork with a view to composing my own music - very exciting - we can all benefit from the encouragement of live performances, - you never know . . . what could happen!

No comments: